Mrs. Yanoschak and Mrs. Harrell's Kindergarten Newsletter
August 20, 2018 - August 24, 2018
Welcome to Our Lady of Lourdes School! We are excited to be working with you and your child this year. We have many fun filled lessons planned for the Kindergarten school year involving academic and social skills. As the year progresses, you will see so much growth with your child. We are always amazed by their maturity and development by the end of school year! Please know that parents and teachers work as a team, so your support is very important for the success of your child's education. If you should have any questions or concerns throughout the school year, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always happy to answer your emails. Again, welcome to the Lourdes community!
"Building with Dad," "What Makes a Family," and Poems About Families
- Introduce Letterland characters/letter sounds: Annie Apple, Bouncy Ben, Clever Cat, Dippy Duck, Eddy Elephant, Firefighter Fred, Golden Girl, Harry Hatman, Impy Ink, Jumping Jim, Kicking King, Lucy Lamplight, Noisy Nick, Oscar Orange, Peter Puppy, Quarrelsome Queen, Red Robot, Sammy Snake, Talking Tess, Uppy Umbrella, Vicky Violet, Walter Walrus, Fix-It-Max, Yellow Yo-Yo Man, and Zig Zag Zebra
- Introduce sight word: I
- Introduce nouns - person, place, animal or thing
- Identify rhyming words in stories and poems
- Discuss main idea within each story
- Teacher Table - read decodable and leveled books
- Work on Writing - dictate and complete sentence in journal, "My family is..."
- Word Work - match uppercase letters to lowercase letters
- Listening - listen to story on CD then complete reading log by illustrating favorite part of story
The children will identify and sort objects by several attributes such as color, size and shape.
We will learn that Jesus loves us and and invites us to be close to Him.
We will begin a mini unit called, All About Me. The children will focus on self, family and favorite things within this unit.
Kinder Book Club Reader:
- Please send a snack with your child every day including early dismissal days.
Mrs. Yanoschak and Mrs. Harrell